Where? What? Who?
What are the dates?
The Focus 2019 dates are Thursday 25 July until Tuesday 30 July 2019. The full programme and main celebrations will start on the evening of Friday 26 July and finish on the evening of Tuesday 30 July.
Guests need to vacate the site by 10am on Wednesday 31 July 2019.
How much is Focus?
Focus is the cost of your ticket and accommodation, plus food and travel. We offer discounts for Focus first-timers and people who volunteer on teams. We also offer a deposit scheme on our Super Early Bird Ticket Price. See ticket prices here.
Who can come to Focus?
Focus is a church get-away with your church family and the wider HTB church network.
Where will Focus take place?
Focus takes place at Somerley Estate which is a 7,000-acre private estate in Ringwood in the New Forest district. It is just 20 minutes from the seaside town of Bournemouth and 2 hours from London (via the M3).
What are the site rules?
Please read and follow the site rules below to keep everyone safe and happy at Focus.
- Valid event wristbands must be worn (around your wrist!) at all times whilst you are on site – they are the only way to get access into the venues. There is a charge to replace lost or broken wristbands. Please make sure under 18s are wearing the correct colour wristband.
- After arrival, all vehicles must be moved to the designated car parks in order to comply with fire and safety regulations. Only emergency vehicles or ones with a valid disabled badge are allowed on site.
- No speeding. When arriving or leaving the site, please honour the 10mph speed limit. It may be painfully slow but it's important that we keep everyone safe. No driving lessons are allowed either.
- Motorhome engines must not be operated while the vehicle is static.
- Generators are not permitted on site. If you need a power supply, please speak to the team in the Info Hut. We offer a limited number of electric pitches, which are available for a fee.
- Only guests aged 18 or over may purchase and drink alcohol from the Somerley Bar in the Walled Garden. You will need to show the bar staff valid ID.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any of the buildings, marquees or individual tents and caravans.
- No swimming or fishing in the river.
- Please be aware of the overhead power cables onsite. No flags or poles should be erected near them and no-one should be camping directly beneath them. Please stay away from the conveyor that runs around the outside of the site.
- The only pets allowed at Focus are registered assistance dogs (please pop along to the Info Hut when you arrive).
- Please be respectful of people's privacy by not taking photos or videos during ministry times.
- Drones are not to be used on site, except by the official Focus media team.
If you have any questions, please get in touch or visit us on site at the Info Hut.
When is the Summer Youth Event taking place?
Find out more here.
How do I book my ticket for 2019?
You can book your ticket by clicking the button below.
How do I book my accommodation?
We are in the process of finding the best possible accommodation options for Focus 2019. Information will be added to the website soon.
How do I cancel my booking?
If you need to cancel your Focus booking for any reason, please get in touch with us at email@example.com and one of our team will be able to help you.
Please note that if you cancel your booking before the 27 March 2019 no cancellation fees will be charged and 100% of the price of the booking will be refunded.
Cancellations made between the 27 March 2019 and the 31 May 2019 will be subject to 50% cancellation fees and only 50% of the price of the booking price will be refunded.
Cancellations made after the 31 May 2019 will be subject to 100% cancellation fees and 100% of the price of the booking will be forfeited.
No fee is applicable for transfers of event tickets to another individual known to you if you can no longer attend. We would encourage you to transfer your event ticket in this way to avoid losing any percentage of the price you paid.
How do I book my accommodation?
Thank you for your patience while we work to ensure we provide the best options for your stay at Focus. Info for camping, caravanning and more is coming soon.
In the meantime, you can book your Focus ticket and take advantage of our super early bird ticket rate before it ends on 30 September.
Can I buy food onsite?
Yes, there are lots of options onsite including hot meals and supplies for camping. In The Village, there will be a mix of coffee stalls, light snack stalls, smoothie stalls and full meal stalls.
Can I have my dinner catered for me during the week?
Many churches provide catered camping to their community. This can be a great cost saver for you and your friends/family. Please ask your church if they are offering catered camping at Focus.
Can I have food delivered to the campsite during the week?
If you're running low on supplies but don't want to leave the action on site, you can do your shopping online and arrange for it to be delivered to you!
You'll need to make sure you've provided the supermarket with a mobile number, the contractor entrance postcode 'BH24 3PL' and which colour cluster you are in, as they'll call you when they have arrived on site so that you can come and collect your purchases. There will be a delivery point at the entrance of each cluster where your food will be dropped off. Please do arrange to be free during the delivery slot so that you can pick up your shopping promptly, and bring some muscle with you to get your food back to your camp!
PRS for Music licences the use of copyright music across the UK, giving businesses and organisations the legal permission they need to play the music they want.
These licences ensure that music publishers, songwriters and composers are fairly rewarded with royalties so they can keep making music - and mean that we’re able to support music at events like this.
For more information about PRS for Music or music licensing, visit www.prsformusic.com or call 0800 068 4828
What to pack
Here's our recommended kit list of what you should be bringing with you to Focus.
- Warm sleeping bag
- Roll mat/air bed
- Travel pillow
- Camping stools
- Stove (and gas!)
- Cooking gear
- Picnic rug
- Hot water bottle
- Ear plugs
- Eye mask
- Warm pyjamas
- Summer clothes
- Bed socks
- Waterproof jacket
- Sports kit
- Sun cream
- Wash bag
- Hand sanitiser
- Phone charger
- Notebook & pen
- Wireless speaker