Please note that this year Focus starts on Monday 24 July. The programme will begin on Tuesday 25 July and will end on Sunday 30 July. All guests need to be off site by 10.00am on Monday 31 July.
WHAT? WHERE? WHO?
What are the dates?
Monday 24 - Sunday 30 July 2017
Guests can arrive onsite from 3pm on Monday, 24 July. The full programme and main celebrations will start on the evening of Tuesday, 25 July and will finish on Sunday 30 July. Guests will need to leave site by 10.00am on Monday 31 July.
Where will Focus take place?
Somerley Estate, which is a 7,000-acre private estate in Ringwood in the New Forest district. It is just 20 minutes from the seaside town of Bournemouth and 2 hours from London (via the M3).
Somerley House, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24 3QG
View on Google Maps
Who can come to Focus?
Focus is the annual teaching holiday for HTB, members of the HTB network of churches, Alpha Partners and friends of church members.
When are my payments for Focus due?
Once you have completed your booking form and selected your accommodation, payment is required to confirm your booking.
At this point you are able to pay the full amount of your booking or join The Focus Payment Plan and split your payments into monthly instalments until 1 July.
When do I collect my passes for Focus?
When you arrive on site you will be issued a wristband which will give you access to the program for the days that you have booked to attend.
How do I book on?
Book your place here.
Select your pass, pick your accommodation and make a payment to confirm your booking.
Can you tell me more about the booking system?
Of course! Please see below for some helpful tips:
- Trumin is the name of our booking system provider for Focus 2017
- When booking on to Focus you need to create a new account with Trumin. If you try and use last year’s log in details, this won’t work.
- When adding an adult to the system, they need to have their own email address. It is only for booking on children (u18s) that an adult can use their email address as the contact email.
- Double check your order summary before making any payments. If you join the payment plan, anything else that you want to add to your booking after making your first payment will have to be paid in a lump sum and cannot be included in your monthly instalments.
- If you want to leave your payment plan and make a full payment before 1st July, please email us.
- You can add children to your booking by logging in to your Trumin profile, and uploading their details. Just let the Focus Team know that you have done this by emailing us.
- Ensure that you only book people on using their correct details. If you do not have full details for an individual, please don’t book them on until you do, for example do not say their name is ‘Guest 1’.
- If you are part of the Focus Payment Plan, you will receive a reminder email from Trumin prompting you to log in to your account and make a payment each month. Please note that your instalments are not taken from your account automatically.
Can you tell me more about the Focus Payment Plan?
The Focus Payment Plan offers you the option to split the cost of your event ticket and camping/electric pitch in to affordable monthly instalments. The Focus Payment Plan is not an automated system all you need to do is log in to your booking each month and pay your next instalment. Simple!
How can I book a Coach Ticket?
To book a Coach Ticket please follow this link.
Coaches will depart London to Somerley at the following times:
- Monday 24 July at 6.00pm departing from the V&A Museum
- Tuesday 25 July at 10.00am departing from the V&A Museum
- Tuesday 25 July at 11.00am departing from the V&A Museum
Coaches will depart Somerley to London at the following times:
- Sunday 30 July at 7.30pm
- Monday 31 July at 10.00am
You will need to arrive at the collection point 30 mins before the departure of the coach. Prices are £30 per person for a return ticket and are non refundable.
Can you tell me more about camping?
Guests must provide their own tents unless one is pre-booked through our Focus approved supplier, Tent2Hire.
Only one tent per pitch. There are two types of pitches, those without power and those with power.
Guest can only have power to their tent if they book an Electric Pitch. Electric Pitches for tents will be in a separate area and cannot be placed amongst tents without power.
Please note there are no cooking facilities provided, only a space for washing up.
You will be allocated space for your tent in an area with your service or church.
If you are not coming with a church registered on the booking system please do let us know who you would like to be near.
- Toilet & shower blocks
- Fresh water points
- Washing-up areas
Can I bring my own caravan?
Yes, you can bring your own caravan. If you would like power to your caravan then you will need to book an Electric Pitch. You can place your caravan amongst the tents if it is properly secured, but please note you will not able to have power. All the Electric Pitches will be in their own area on the campsite.
Please note if you book an Electric Pitch for your caravan you are unable to use an awning for extra sleeping accommodation due to health and safety regulations.
Can I bring my own motorhome?
Yes, you can bring your own motorhome. All motorhomes will need to be parked on an Electric Pitch. Due to camping regulations motorhomes cannot be parked amongst tents.
I am interested in hiring a caravan or motorhome for Focus, can you tell me more?
Our recommended caravan supplier is Wessex Caravans. Telephone number: 01963363249. SOLD OUT
Our recommended motorhome supplier is Abacus. Telephone number: 01264319990.
What if I choose to stay offsite?
If guests choose to stay offsite then they need to book on in the normal way and select tickets for the full week for everyone in their party. Guests are responsible for finding and booking their own accommodation.
For a list of local B&B’s, hotels and guest houses please email us.
If you would like to stay at a holiday park we would recommend Sandy Balls which is just under a 20 minute drive away from site.
Can I be near friends and/or family?
Absolutely! If you have booked the same type of pitch then you can be placed next to or near other friends/families. Even if you have booked different types of pitches the campsite is not large and it will be around a 5 minute walk to a different type of pitch. If you would like to be near someone else please specify this on your booking. Camping pitches are allocated by church and so if you want to be with someone else from another church you will need to decide which church to camp with.
Can you tell me more about other onsite accommodation options?
Check out our Accommodation page.
Who are the speakers for Focus this year?
We are planning an exciting line-up of speakers, both for the Big Top and our Seminar Streams. Keep an eye out on our website and social media for updates that will be coming soon!
When are the Big Top sessions?
- Tuesday, 7.45pm-9.45pm
- Wednesday, 10.30am-12.30pm and 7.45pm-9.45pm
- Thursday, 10.30am-12.30pm and 7.45pm-9.45pm
- Friday, 10.30am-12.30pm and 7.45pm-9.45pm
- Saturday, 10.30am-12.30pm and 7.45pm-9.45pm
- Sunday, 10.30am-12.30pm and 4.30pm-6.00pm (we will be finishing our final session earlier to help with departure)
Doors open 30 minutes before session start time.
When are Focus Kids and Youth sessions?
Focus Kids Age 1-6:
- Wednesday, 10.00am-12.30pm
- Thursday, 10am-12.30pm
- Friday, 10.00am-12.30pm
- Saturday, 10.00am-12.30pm
- Sunday, 10.00am-12.30pm
Focus Kids Aged 7-10:
- Tuesday, 7.15pm-8.15pm
- Wednesday, 10.00am-12.30pm and 7.15pm-8.15pm
- Thursday, 10.00am-12.30pm and 7.15pm-8.15pm
- Friday, 10.00am-12.30pm and 7.15pm-8.15pm
- Saturday, 10.00am-12.30pm and 7.15pm-8.15pm
- Sunday, 10.00am-12.30pm
Focus Youth (Older and Younger):
- Tuesday, 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Wednesday, 10.30am-12.30pm and 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Thursday, 10.30am-12.30pm and 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Friday, 10.30am-12.30pm and 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Saturday, 10.30am-12.30pm and 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Sunday, 10.30am-12.30pm
Can my child join a group if they come for the Day or Weekend?
We are unable to offer children 10 years old and younger a place in Focus Kids if they are attending for the day or weekend. Children can only be allocated a place in Focus Kids if they attend for the full week.
If your child is 11 years old and older they will be able to attend Focus Youth if they come to Focus for the day or weekend.
What is Our Tent & Our Hut, and how can I book my child into this?
Our Tent/Hut is our special needs venue where your child will have a one-to-one buddy for the week during Kids/Youth programme. You can decide with the Our Tent/Hut buddy if your child stays in the Our Tent/Hut programme, goes in the mainstream groups or does as mixture of both for the week. If your child requires some extra support please do email us and we can book your child into Our Tent/Hut. Please be aware that there is a limited number of spaces for this group.
Will there be places onsite I can buy food?
Yes! We shall have some familiar faces back located in The Village with some new stalls joining us this year too. There will be a mix of coffee stalls, light snack stalls, smoothie stalls and full meal stalls. We have our Farm Shop back again with delicious and fresh produce each day including a new 'build your own' salad bar.
Can I have my dinner catered for me during the week?
Yes! booking on to Catered Camping is for you.
We are sorry but bookings for Catered Camping are now closed (Monday 10th July at 6.00pm). We are unfortunately unable to take any more bookings.
PRS for Music licences the use of copyright music across the UK, giving businesses and organisations the legal permission they need to play the music they want.
These licences ensure that music publishers, songwriters and composers are fairly rewarded with royalties so they can keep making music - and mean that we’re able to support music at events like this.
For more information about PRS for Music or music licensing, visit www.prsformusic.com or call 0800 068 4828